Monday, July 6, 2009

Week 3: Tile Work Continues



Feature wall in the living room is done.

The tiler did a great job with the brick wall. One by one, he laid the tiles meticulously in straight lines and equal spacing. It's definitely the work of an artisan.

He started working on the rusty copper tiles for the bathroom before I left this afternoon. I'm sure he will complete the bathroom walls before the day ends. He's a speedy gonzalez!

He'll start on the kitchen backsplash with the metallic mosaic tomorrow. The mosaic was one of the great finds from my shopping spree along Balestier Road. Although it blew a hole in my budget, I'd to have it as the feature wall for the kitchen.

The City Gas guys came to lay the gas pipes for the hob and water heater. They were fast and efficient. But they'll come back to install the water heater and turn the gas supply on before I move in.

See Week 3 progress here: Work in Progress

No comments:

Post a Comment