Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Week 4: If It's Exposed, Box It Up

Before












After












Amazing how a few plaster boards could make such a big difference.

We're almost done with the "heavy lifting" work. I'm sure the neighbors are relieved that there will be minimal "banging and drilling" from now on.

The guys who did the plastering weren't as precise as the rest of the contracted crew. I guess most home owners don't usually go around with measuring tapes to check on their work. Not me! We had the supervisor come back today to rectify the errors including sloping surfaces and poor finishing. I'll be going back tomorrow morning to check on the corrections.

Fortunately the painter was sick today (I don't mean it that way! Get well soon!) But we can't start on the paint work until the plastering is complete. So the one-day delay actually worked out well in the hand-over process.

Dess and I will be heading down to Balestier again to find the "perfect" rainshower for the master bathroom and corner basin for the powder room. These two fixtures are giving me a big headache. Hopefully, it'll be resolved tomorrow.

See Week 4 progress here: Work in Progress

No comments:

Post a Comment